Over the summer I had the opportunity to work out with celebrity trainer David Kirsch at the beginning of my pregnancy. In my first trimester, I did not have as many restrictions as I do now in my third. The best thing about David's workouts is that they are traditional moves that can easily be modified to suit your conditions or fitness level. Check out a few of Kirsch's moves below and try them at home or at the gym!
Around the World with a Medicine Ball
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold a medicine ball extended overhead.
2. Bend to the side from your hips in a half circle down the right side of your body past your toes and up the left side of your body until the ball once again rests overhead. Repeat a half circle to your left. Continue circling right and left, fifteen repetitions in each direction.
Plank with Torso Rotation to T-Stand
1. Starting in a plank position, reach your right arm under your torso and then back out, rotating your body to a side plank as your right arm extends straight up (your arm should form a “T” with your body).
2. That’s one rep. Perform fifteen repetitions on each side.
Burpees with a Medicine Ball
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Grasp a medicine Ball with both hands at chest level with your elbows bent.
2. Bend your knees, stick your butt back, and come into squat position.
3. Continue to bend your knees as you bend forward from the hips, placing the medicine ball on the floor under your chest.
4. Press your hands into the medicine ball as you jump and extend your legs behind your body, coming into a plank position. Keep your core engaged the entire time. Recoil your legs and rise to the starting position. Do fifteen times.
Hamstring Curls with a Stability Ball
1. Option A: From the bridge position, lift your hips up off the floor contracting your glutes. Slowly return to a bridge position. Do fifteen repetitions.
2. Option B: From the bridge position, lift your hips up and simultaneously bend your knees and pull the ball towards your butt. Push the ball back out into the bridge position. Do fifteen repetitions on each leg.
For more information on David Kirsch click here!
Training minds, and changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com
Check out my Ultimate Bikini Workout Download by clicking here!