Why not switch things up today and squeeze in a workout during the Super Bowl! I am all about giving your lifestyle a healthy makeover whenever and wherever you can! NYHRC shared the perfect Big Game Workout to do with friends. It's worth a try, you will feel less guilty and sluggish when the game is over!
BIG GAME WORKOUT
Repeat each exercise 10 times for 15 minutes
Line Shuffles (Lateral Shuffles)
- Take an athletic stance and keep your core tight.
- Roll slightly onto the balls of your feet.
- Laterally shuffle across the floor twice, dropping your hips and touching your outside foot with your inside arm.
- Repeat in opposite direction, moving fast and getting as low as you possibly can.
- To modify, instead of touching your foot, touch the outside of your knee.
Red Zone Sprints (A Skips)
- Start by getting hyped (bounce up and down on the balls of your feet).
- Run in place, bringing your knees into your chest. Make sure you’re skipping while running.
Touchdowns (Single Arm Planks)
- Start in a standing position.
- Take one hand and place it on the floor.
- Kick out your legs so that you’re in single arm plank position.
- Extend the arm that’s not on the floor and pull it back in towards body.
- Jump back up to standing position.
- Repeat, alternating arms.
- To modify, step back one leg at a time instead of kicking both legs back simultaneously.
Thank you, JayD Dantzler, for this amazing workout! Jay is a Group Fitness Instructor and creator of GridIron Power at New York Health & Racquet Club.
Craving a smoothie? NMFIT has the solution! Check out my smoothie book by clicking here!