Bloggers Breakfast at Bloomingdale's
I had the wonderful opportunity to team up with Bloomingdale's for the Bloggers Breakfast on September 16th at the Short Hills Mall in New Jersey. Alita's Brand Bar and Bloomingdale's hosted an intimate group of bloggers and influencers to share Quick Fixes for health, beauty and fashion!
At Nadia Murdock Fit we believe in always making time for a workout by training both the mind and body daily. With demanding schedules and lack of time it’s easy to neglect yourself.
Guests were introduced to wonderful brands to make their everyday lives a little easier and healthier too! A few brands included:
- Lundberg Thin Stackers
- Brode Electrolyte Vitamins
- True Moringa
- Sweaty Betty Short Hills who outfitted me for the day! The pieces available are fashion forward, comfortable and infused with activewear technology. They are currently running a mid-season sale with up to 50% off selected items, a perfect time to stock up!
Below you will find a few of my lifestyle Quick Fixes that will get you through even your busiest day!
Workout Quick Fixes
The moves below can be done just about anywhere, from at work to waiting for the elevator or even at the doctor’s office, remember no excuses! Make time even if it’s 10 mins of movement that is always better than no movement.
Workout: In’s and Out’s
- What you will need: A chair
- Directions: While seated on the edge a stable chair (no wheels) lift both feet off the floor in a 90 degree angle, your knees should be facing your chest and your feet are flexed. Slowly bring your knees towards your chest while having your hands firmly placed on each side of the chair for support. Push your legs out slowly until they are completely straight. This will make on rep. You can increase the intensity by performing the same action with your hands clasped in front of you.
Perform this move for 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
Workout: Plie Squats
- What you will need: A chair (optional)
- Directions: Standing behind a chair with your knees slightly bent, feet hip width apart and your toes facing outward. Place your hands on the chair in front of you for support, as you increase your strength the chair can be optional. Slowly lower your body into a shallow plie squat, make sure your knees do not surpass your toes. As you return to starting position raise your heels off the ground until you are standing on the soles of your feet. If this is two difficult on both feet you have the option alternating on each side for each rep.
Perform this move for 3 sets of 8-12 reps.
Workout: Arm/Shoulder Circles with Variations
- What you will need: Nothing
- Directions: Standing with your arms at your side slowly raise them simultaneously to shoulder height. Keeping both arms as straight as possible alternate between forward and backward arm circles slow to start and increase the intensity by increasing the speed.
Perform this move for 2-3 mins without stopping.
Note: Variations include Walnut Crushers, Forward Criss Cross, Zumba Arms
Breakfast Recipes Quick Fixes
Mini Breakfast Sandwich
What you will need:
- Lundberg Organic Thin Stackers 5 Grains Crackers, grab enough to make about 4 small sandwiches.
- Diced tomatoes
- 1-2 boiled eggs sliced
- Swiss Cheese or Vegan cheese (Daiya is my favorite!)
Directions: Begin stacking! This is great for on the go and can be prepared the night before. Add a side of mixed fruit, nuts or an apple! The options are endless.
For my NMFIT Fall Inspired Smoothie click here!
Mental Quick Fixes
If your head is not in the game there is no way you are able to give it your all. Which is why it’s important to give your body and soul the equal amount of TLC. Below you find a few of my suggestions that I practice daily.
-Positive Mind Cards
Invest in a stack of positive mind cards, they really can help you prepare for the day with a positive outlook. (Positive Mind Cards can be purchased at Moshi Moshi Mind) You can also go ahead and create your own stack of positive mind cards. Grab a stack of index cards (make them colorful) and jot down 20-50 positive phrases on each card. Each morning shuffle them up and pick out three. This reminds you to live each day with a positive intention in mind.
I had the bloggers write down of few positive says that they can refer to each day for inspiration.
There are a number of oils that you can invest in that put the mind in a calm state. Here are a few of my picks!
Lavender: Can treat circulation disorders and improve mental well-being. It’s also known to treat nervousness, insomnia and restlessness.
Peppermint: Gives a cooling session and a sense of calming. Also known to soothe sore muscles when applied topically.
Other oils that promote calmness include: The gentle aroma of Peace & Calming II includes Tangerine, Orange,Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, German Chamomile, Vetiver, Cistus,Bergamot, Cassia, Davana,
Have a set of go to mantras on deck! If you need to put them in your phone or piece of paper and stash it in your handbag go for it! When we are feeling down, discouraged or just blah it’s always nice to have a friendly reminder. Need one to start, you can always use the NMFIT slogan #TrainYourMindChangeYourBody!
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com