Celebrate National Walking Day with These Tips!
On April 6th celebrate National Walking Day! Not sure how? New York Health & Racquet Club might be able to help, They have team up with The American Heart Association to encourage people to incorporate at least 30 minutes of walking into their day, for their heart health. Throughout the month of April, New York Health & Racquet Club will travel to various locations throughout Manhattan with fun, physical activities, including a National Walking Day treadmill, to help New Yorkers get moving and take the first step towards a healthier heart.
Below are a few easy exercises you can do throughout the day to add a few extra steps and get your heart rate pumping. Victor Cabezas, a Group Fitness Instructor at NYHRC specializing in Step classes shares his tips below.
- Seated abs: In a chair, alternate knees or lift both knees simultaneously towards your chest in 30-45 second intervals. Do 3-5 sets.
- Step ups: On a stair or sturdy chair, step up then down. Alternate with knee lifts. Vary the tempo.
- Squats: Do 8-10 reps. Then, hold for 8 counts for a minute .
- Lunges: Extended one leg back and lower yourself up and down. Do 15 reps then switch legs. Do 3 sets each.
- High knees: Jump from one foot to another while lifting your knees as high and as rapidly as possible. Do for 30 seconds.
Repeat all 5 exercises, gradually building up your repetitions and time.
For more information visit: http://nyhrc.com/
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com