Create a Healthy Halloween
Do you know what’s scariest about Halloween? All the unnecessary sugar it comes with! Below is a simple and delicious recipe that families can make together and cut the sugar out of this Halloween!
In a recent survey conducted by Influenster, 400,000 participants were asked what is their favorite Halloween candy? The candy that pulled in the most amount of votes was Reese's Peanut Butter cups.
With these new findings, NMFIT is sharing a healthy version of peanut butter cups. Try making the recipe below with your family or anytime for a healthy sweet treat! Tastes just like the real thing!
Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
What you will need:
- For small batch (8-12 cups)
- ½ Cup of 60% cacao bitter sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ Cup of all natural peanut butter (alternative almond butter)
- 8-12 mini baking cups.
- Bring half a cup of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Place a glass bowl on top with both the cacao bittersweet chocolate chips and a semi-sweet chocolate chips inside.
- As the chocolate starts to melt using a wisk blend the chips.
- Carefully pour the chocolate into each individual wrapper.
- Make sure the chocolate is spread evenly and along the sides by using a small butter knife and/or spoon
- Refrigerate for 3-5 mins or until the chocolate completely hardens
- Remove from fridge and place a dollop of peanut butter in the center.
- Pour the rest of melted chocolate on top and place back in the fridge until it has completely hardened (10 mins)
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com