Denim Is My Athleisure Essential
Earlier this month I had the opportunity to attend the Denim Days Festival at F.I.T. New York Denim Days featured two shopping days at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Chelsea as well as a one-day street festival on Oct. 1st. The event was designed to connect the world’s leading denim insiders, designers and brands with consumers and community all under one roof.
• Japanese indigo dyer, Sayaka Toyama created dyed works.
• BLKSMTH: Loren Cronk will be created sellable works with his chain stitch machine.
• Denimrepair.com repaired jeans on site.
• Vintage Showrooms by Doug Gunn, etc.
• Children's activities by Calik
• Art presentation by Ian Berry.
• Candiani will be showing their newest collection.
• Book signing Amy Leverton and Piero Turk.
• Knickerbocker MFG. will be producing exclusive denim items.
I loved how the event was ideal for shoppers, families, and designers. As well as so many looks of inspiration to add to my athleisure looks this fall/winter! I am always looking for ways to trancend my workout looks to street looks especially if I have a full day of meetings and teaching classes.