A busy schedule calls for quick recipes you can whip up in less then a half hour. For me I have almost no time to cook between school work and trying to keep up with having a social life. Itʼs tough to keep up with the demands of daily life activities while also trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. However, planning your meals ahead of time is the way to break through this challenge. Below is a baked salmon and zucchini recipe that I make at least once a week to make sure Iʼm getting a dose of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to decrease risk of cardiovascular disease, improve mood and well-known as a ʻbrain foodʼ. Plus salmon is high in protein content! Salmon is also low-cal and rich in vitamin B12 and vitamin D. Vitamin B12 boosts energy while vitamin D keeps your bones strong. By adding veggies to this recipe it makes a nutrient-rich and delicious dinner for you or your family. I added zucchini but you can choose anything youʼd like!
(makes 4 servings) What youʼll need:
- tin foil
- 2 lemons
- 4 servings of salmon (about 6 ounces each)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, or any spice you enjoy
- 2 zucchini (1/2 zucchini per salmon serving)
- Lay the tin foil down with 3 slices of lemon.
- Put salmon on top of the lemons and brush with olive oil.
- Add spices (salt and pepper) and place veggies around the salmon.
- Wrap the contents up in the tin foil tightly together.
- Cook in the oven on a baking tray for about 25-30 minutes on 350 degrees.
Guest Blogger: Brianna Crosby
Hi guys! My name is Brianna Crosby I’m extremely passionate about nutrition and wellness and I love helping others succeed in terms of health. I’m a Food Science major at Clemson University and I’ll be graduating May 2015! My goal is to become a Registered Dietitian in order to impact overall health through nutrition. Ideally the purpose is to assist others to achieve their goals to live a happier and healthier lifestyle.
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com