Healthy Tailgate Snacks
It's that time of year again, football season! Although I wouldn't consider myself a huge football fan I do enjoy attending the games and watching them with friends. One problem that I often face when I am not hosting my own tailgate/football party is the lack of healthy snacking options. Websites like Nuts.com has a number of different options that will have your guests happy they skipped the chicken wings and cheese fries!
Below you will find a few of my suggestions infused with yummy finds from Nuts.com!
I am not a huge fan of beef jerky but I have been told it's a sports lovers staple. Below I have whipped up a recipe that will even have the "anti-health" sports fan begging for more.
NMFIT Beef Jerky Mix
Single serving, multiple the quantity depending on the number of guests.
- Handful of raw roasted almonds (unsalted), optional: swap the almonds for dark chocolate covered almonds.
- Sprinkle Nuts.com Black Pepper Beef Jerky (80 calories per 28g/1 oz.) into either a small bowl or zip lock bag. Other options include Hickory Beef Jerky, Death by Jerky, Sweet & Spicy Beef Jerky and Western Style Beef Jerky.
- Note: Jerky tends to contain a considerable amount of sodium include a modest amount to avoid over doing it!
- If you opt for raw roasted almonds you can add a sweet flavor by incorporating raisins or craisins.
More Healthy Football Snacking Tips from NMFIT
- For more information on healthy tailgating food options watch my video by clicking here!
- More football snack makeovers can be found on the NMFIT blog by clicking here.
Have a snack idea or recipe? Share it in the comments below!
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com