The other day I realized that the only thing I have in the house to drink is water and seltzer. There was a time that I would drink Snapple Ice Tea, apple juice or fruit juice with every meal (wow...the sugar!). Looking back on it I am floored that I did this every night!
You will be surprised how much a difference small changes can make in your lifestyle. This is what started my fitness journey, self educating myself to slowly mold a healthier lifestyle by making smarter diet choices at home, while food shopping or when I was out with friends.
Below are a few tweaks I made over time to help me re-train my palate for the better.
- Diluted fruit juice with water limiting myself to only one per day and increasing my intake of water. Over time I got rid of fruit juice and sugary drinks all together.
- I stopped adding sugar to my coffee.
- Substituted salt with tons of flavor spices to cut down on my sodium in take.
- Added Seltzer water to my diet instead of diet soda.
- Nixed sugary cocktails for simple low-calorie options at the bar.
- Cut down on drinking all together (overtime).
- Removed white rice from my diet!
- Switched from sweetened ice tea to regular ice tea (no sugar added) with lemon.
There so many things I do now that have become second nature and clearly not a quick fix but a way of life!
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com