With the colder months just around the corner finding comfort with traditional foods like soups, chili and other mouth watering dishes become harder to resist. Almond Breeze offers a delicious crustless, kale mushroom and gouda quiche recipe and other scrumptious recipes this fall. Below is a recipe I have tried and can't wait to recreate during the holidays!
Crustless Kale, Mushroom and Gouda Quiche
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: about 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 tablespoons butter NMFIT Tip: Try Greek Yogurt Butter or Smart Balance Butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups halved and very thinly sliced small baby bella mushrooms
- 3 cups lightly packed small torn pieces curly kale
- 1 1/2 cups shredded aged Gouda cheese
- 2 1/4 cups Blue Diamond Reduced Sugar Original Almond Breeze
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 7 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and squash and cook for cook for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more. Add kale and cook until wilted. Spread vegetables in prepared dish and top with cheese. Beat remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl and pour over vegetables.
- Cook for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set when dish is gently tapped.
- Makes 8 servings.
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com
For more I'll Have What She's Having click here!