If you are experiencing knee pain the best way to alleviate this discomfort is through knee strengthening exercises. This is a sure fire way to avoid future pain!
It’s important not only to strengthen the knee joint itself but also the surrounding area around the knee. Always consult a physician if you experiencing chronic symptoms and extreme discomfort before starting any new workout. Below are a few of my suggested moves to keep you strong!
Straight Leg Raise:
- While seated in a chair, rest your foot on another chair.
- Lift the foot a few inches off the chair while keeping your leg straight. Hold for 5 -10 seconds.
- Return to the original position Repeat 5 -10 times.
- Try to increase the time every week, remember to always challenge yourself!
- Stand on a step on your right foot.
- Lower your left leg toward the floor, making sure the knee of your right leg is centered over your foot.
- Do two sets of 10 on each.
- Stand about 12 inches away from the front of a chair with your feet about hip width apart and your toes forward.
- Bending at the hips, slowly lower yourself halfway down to the chair.
- Keep your abs tight, and check that your knees stay behind your toes.
Training minds and changing bodies!
Don't forget to sign up for my NMFIT newsletter, this month I am sending out a special thank you! Visit the homepage to sign up! www.nadiamurdockfit.com