Älsa Energy Drink
I was introduced to Älsa Energy Drink when I attended the SHE Fit event in New York at the end of April. This drink offers a boost of energy for the mind and body leaving you without a sudden crash like many other energy drinks do. The concept of Älsa was conceived for active adults who want to give their all for all asspects of their lives: work, play, family and community. Its unique blend of clinically tested, best-in-class ingredients delivers a steady, measured flow of energy and clarity to support mindful everyday living in a fast-paced world.
Älsa’s key ingredients include:
· 250 mg of Cognizin®, a patented, branded form of citicoline, a natural substance vital to brain health and found in every cell of the body. Cognizin is clinically tested to provide sustained mental energy, enhanced focus, and healthy memory function.
· 100 mg of caffeine (about the same as in a cup of coffee) from three sources: white tea extract, yerba mate extract, and PurEnergy™.
· PurEnergy™, an innovative, patented ingredient that combines caffeine and pTeroPure® pterostilbene* for efficient, sustained energythat will last from mid-morning to mid-afternoon without an unpleasant jolt or sudden drop.
· pTeroPure® pterostilbene – a patented, nature-identical form of trans-pterostilbene, which shares the strong antioxidant values of resveratrol but is 60% more effective and bioavailable. Helps maintain normal blood pressure and blood sugar levels and may enhance cognitive function.
· 14 essential vitamins and minerals, including Vitamins C, B6, and B12, as well as the amino acids L-Carnitine and Taurine, and Ginkgo Biloba.
Alsa Energy shared a few recipes with me, below are two that I plan on trying to make on my own!
Mixed Citrus Spritzer with Frozen Fruit (Blackberry, Kiwi) Skewers
This healthy natural energy drink recipe will add variety to your daily Älsa routine. Enjoy the goodness of fresh fruit with a boost from Älsa’s premium ingredients, PurEnergy™ and Cognizin® citicoline.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
For the Frozen Blackberry Kiwi Skewers:
2 kiwis, peeled and cut into quarters
1/3 cup blackberries
The juice of half a lime
4 bamboo or other disposable skewers
For the Citrus Spritzer:
½ packet of Älsa Three Citrus Energy Drink Mix (made with PurEnergy and Cognizin citicoline)
1 Tablespoon/15ml filtered water
1 Tablespoon/15g raw orange blossom honey (for a vegan version use the liquid sweetener of your choice)
1 large red grapefruit, juiced
2 medium Valencia oranges, juiced
1 large lime, juiced
3 cups sparkling water, chilled
Crushed ice for serving
Make the Frozen Fruit Skewers:
Alternate the kiwi and blackberries on each skewer. Lay the finished skewers in a shallow freezer-proof dish.
Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the skewers and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to an hour to freeze.
Make the Citrus Spritzer:
Stir together the honey and water until well combined.
Combine the citrus juices in a pitcher, add the honey syrup and ½ drink mix packet, mix well. Add sparkling water and pour into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with frozen blackberry kiwi skewers.
Healthy Goji Berry Cacao Nib Bars Recipe | Älsa Energy Drink Mix
This healthy, homemade energy bar recipe is packed with goji berries, cacao nibs, cashews, chia and coconut. Enjoy one with all-natural energy drink Älsa for a healthy pick-me-up.
Goji Berry Cacao Nib Bars
Grab one of these healthy, homemade energy bars with a glass of all-natural energy drink Älsa for a nutrient-rich pick-me-up.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Serving Size: makes about 6 bars
¾ cup/84g cashews, finely chopped in a food processor or by hand
2 Tablespoons/24g chia seeds
¼ cup/20g unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup/28g goji berries
2 Tablespoons/20g raw cacao nibs
2 Tablespoons/30g coconut oil
¼ cup/ 60g honey or coconut nectar
Pinch of sea salt
Line the bottom of a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment.
In a medium sized bowl mix together the cashews, chia seeds, coconut, goji berries and raw cacao nibs.
In a small to medium-sized skillet heat the coconut oil and honey or coconut nectar along with a pinch of salt. Whisk continuously until bubbly. Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture darkens in color and smells like caramel.
Add in the mixed chopped nuts, seeds and fruit to the pan and mix until well coated, sticky and warmed throughout.
Pour into parchment lined pan and press down firmly with a spatula to smooth. Place in fridge to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Cut into 6 bars and store in an airtight container in fridge.
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Vegetarian, Paleo (For Vegan use coconut nectar instead of honey)
For more information visit: www.alsaenergy.com
Find them on Facebook by clicking here!
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com