NMFIT Recipe Series: Jamaican Ginger Beverage
Ginger! There are so many benefits and I never really truly embraced the perks of this root until recent years. After having thyroid surgery, I had developed a polyp and my voice was going in and out. This was obviously a problem as a fitness instructor and TV expert. I decided to turn to more holistic ways of treating this problem and ginger paired with other practices was a life savior.
Some benefits of ginger include:
- Powerful nutrients that are beneficial for the mind and body.
- Contains powerful medicinal compounds like Gingerol.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Excellent for nausea or morning sickness.
- Ginger can reduce muscle pain and soreness.
I have never classified myself as a cook, my mother has been a huge influence in how I have adopted a healthy cooking style over the years especially when I was starting my fitness journey over 15 years ago.
Below is a recipe for her ginger beverage that is great for keeping in the fridge all week long!