Listed below are a few running must-haves that I either keep handy or suggest to my clients when training.
Unisex Bandelettes ($15.99) http://www.bandelettes.com/shop/bandelettes-beige-unisex/
- Elastic bands featuring non-slip silicone to protect the inner thighs and prevent chafing, a problem that many athletes deal with
- Bandelettes come in a variety of styles, but the Unisex styles are plain black or nude and can be worn by women or men
- They are made of soft microfiber (6” in length) 86% nylon and 14% spandex
Trigger Point GRID Foam Roller ($39.99) Designed to tone your body and give your muscles a targeted massage experience.
- Training and therapeutic foam roller for intense core workout and targeted massage
- Matrix Technology to relieve minor aches and pains
- Great workout tool for crunches, bicycles, push-ups and more
2XU Women’s 7/8 Mid-Rise Compression Tight ($104.95, available online via www.2XU.com)
- 2XU HYOPTIK run apparel is designed with reflective logos and trims to heighten visibility and safety through all levels of light; reflective logos provide greater visibility in low light conditions.
- The PWX FLEX fabric delivers optimum power and flexibility to protect the abductor, glute, quad, hamstring and calf muscles.
- Graduated compression increases blood circulation for improved recovery and reduced muscle stiffness post exercise
- Heightened proprioception – awareness of limb placement for agility
Hottotties Madison Hoodie ($40.00, available at Kohl’s stores and online via www.hottotties.com)
- Made with super soft and breathable fabrics that will keep you feeling warm and looking cool.
- 360 degree stretch to fit all different shapes and sizes
- Fast drying, moves moisture and controls odor
Mia Beauty Sport Glow in the Dark Silkies ($6.00, available online via www.miabeauty.com)
- No-slip silicone elastics
- Glow in the dark –safety feature for early morning or night outdoor workouts.
- These can also be worn as bracelets, gift wrap, rubber bands and more
Le Mieux Iso-Cell Recovery Solution ($28.00, available at esthetician’s offices and online via www.myskincarebox.com)
- Instantly soothes stressed skin, keeping it energized and hydrated
- Enhances moisture retention to help prevent scarring and calm skin irritation
- Immediate relief for inflamed, sun-burned skin
Farmaesthetics Deep Lavender Rub ($39.00, available at the flagship store in Newport, RI and online via www.farmaesthetics.com)
- The herbal ode to Vick’s VapoRub
- Deeply comforting for stiff or strained muscles due to over-exertion or inactivity
- Utilizes heat-producing essential oils of ginger, rosemary and eucalyptus
- Ingredients have the ability to penetrate muscle tissue and relax tension
Farmaesthetics Hand to Heel Softening Salve ($29.00, available at the flagship store in Newport, RI and online via www.farmaesthetics.com):
- Calendula and beeswax-based – protects and heals the effects of work, wear and tear, exposure to the elements, wounds and burns, bruises and eczema
- Perfect callus softener (apply before bed and sock feet for overnight benefits)
- Useful on cracked hardened heels
- Contains certified organic Sweet Almond Oil, Calendula, Beeswax and Carrot Oi
Enjoy your next run!
Training minds, changing bodies!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking here!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com