NMFIT Thanksgiving Recap
I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving and you aren't feeling dinner remorse the day after! It is is important to remember to enjoy this time with friends and family but be mindful of overeating and staying active at the same time.
Whether you are hosting or bringing your prized pumpkin pie to the in laws you might find yourself crunched for time. This is when you have to make sure you MAKE time. The night before I went to my usually spin class even though I had a number things to get squared away before the next day.
On Thanksgiving morning I popped the turkey in the oven and did an at home kickboxing workout. Check out my Instagram video for a quick glimpse into my workout!
As an appetizer my mom brought over her staple Jamaican fritters with coconut shavings!
I love apple pie (who doesn't) but I wanted to take a healthier spin on my favorite dessert!
I have shared the recipe below!
NMFIT Apple Pie Healthy Makeover Recipe
- 5 granny smith green apples
- Pie crust mix from scratch or store bought (read the labels!)
- Freshly sliced apples, brown sugar & cinnamon (or canned apple pie filling)
- Slice the top of each apple off
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scooper remove the inside of the apples out.
- In a puree machine mix half a cup of brown sugar, a tea spoon of cinnamon and scoops of the removed apple. Mix until smooth.
- Thinly slice the fifth apple and add to the puree mix to complete the filling.
- Evenly distribute the puree mix into each apple.
- Place a coffee cup on top of the pre-made crust and cut around it to place on top of each apple.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 250 degrees.
FEELING THE NEED TO DETOX? CHECKOUT MY SMOOTHIE EBOOK BY CLICKING HERE!
Training minds, changing bodies!
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com