Quinoa Recipes by Beth Warren
I had the opportunity to interview Beth Warren for an article and attend her book launch for Secrets of a Kosher Girl. Beth is a nationally recognized registered dietitian-nutritionist and chief executive officer of Beth Warren Nutrition, LLC, a New York-based private practice.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 red, orange, and yellow bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup organic corn niblets
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, black beans, bell peppers, corn, and parsley.
- Pair with 2 tbsp. Lemon-Cumin Dressing (see below) per serving.
- Per serving: 140 calories, 1.5g fat, 95g carbohydrates, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 5g ber, 6g protein
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil f Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- Salt, to taste
Craving a smoothie? Looking for a challenging workout? Visit the NMFIT shop for the Ultimate Strong workout and smoothie book by clicking here!