Upper Body Tabata Routine
Have you tried a Tabata workout? It's excellent for getting your heart pumping in a short amount of time. Tabata training is a High Intensity Interval Training that lasts for four minutes with 10 seconds of rest in between each set. This practice originated in Japan and was discovered by Japanese scientist Dr. Izumi Tabata.
The workout may only be for four minutes but it's an intense four minutes! The structure of the program looks like this:
- Workout hard for 20 seconds
- Rest for 10
- Complete for eight rounds
Routines can include push-ups, squats, rows or sit-ups just to name a few. Below you will find an upper body routine that will get you the arms and back of your dreams.
Warm up for at least 3-5 minutes including a mix of jumping jacks, high knees, tap jacks and/or side toe touch lunges.
For 20 seconds perform the workouts below with a 10 second rest in between. Do each workout 3 times.
- Overhead Presses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03p2g6mYunk
- Chest Flys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvXdcjNpTB0
- Reverse Flys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evXOlgLTPCw
- Bicep Curls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO_CNYidOw0 (can be performed with free weights as well)
If you have any questions make sure to comment below or email me at email@example.com.
Training minds, changing bodies!
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook @NadiaMurdockFit
Make sure to sign up for my newsletter on the homepage of www.nadiamurdockfit.com